Purposes of data processing and legal framework
Visiting our website
When accessing our website the browser that you use will automatically send information to our website’s server. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. These are mainly technical data (e.g. browser data, date and time of the request or the operating system). We process these data to ensure a smooth connection setup and user-friendly application of our website, to guarantee network and information security, to analyse system security and stability and also for administrative purposes. The legitimacy of our data processing is based on Art. 6(1) sentence 1(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest derives from the aforementioned data recording purposes. We do not use data to draw conclusions about you as an individual. We also deploy cookies and tracking services on our website. Further details of this are to be found in paragraph 7 of this Privacy Statement.
Subscribing for our newsletter
If you have agreed to receive our newsletter, invitations to events and other information of relevance to you (Art. 6(1) sentence 1(a) GDPR), we will use your name and email address to provide you with that information electronically. You may withdraw your consent at any time with future effect and also unsubscribe. To do this you may use the link at the end of any newsletter or, alternatively, the above email address. This means that we will no longer continue in future to carry out any data processing to which your consent relates and will delete the data unless there should be any legal reason not to do so or a statutory obligation to retain it.
Using of our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid email address so that we know who the request came from and can respond to it. Further information can be made voluntarily. The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is based on your consent in accordance with Art. 6(1) sentence 1(a) GDPR. The personal data for the use of the contact form collected by us will be deleted after completion of the request you have made, unless there is another legal basis or statutory storage requirements exist.
Disclosure of personal data
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless:
- You have given your consent to this pursuant to Art. 6(1) sentence 1(a) GDPR,
- Disclosure is necessary under Art. 6(1) sentence 1(f) GDPR in order to assert, establish or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding and legitimate interest in non-disclosure of your data,
- There should be a statutory obligation of disclosure pursuant to Art. 6(1) sentence 1(c) GDPR, or
- Permissible by law and necessary for the performance of contracts with you pursuant to Art. 6(1) sentence 1(b) GDPR.
Where we process data in a third country (i.e. outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA)), where this is done whilst using third-party services or when disclosing or transmitting data to third parties, then this will only be done so as to fulfil our (pre)contractual duties, with your consent, where required by law to do so, or where we have a legitimate interest in so doing. Unless there should be a statutory exemption we will only process data in a third country if the special statutory conditions under Art. 44 et seq. GDPR are fulfilled.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- under Art. 15 GDPR to ask for information about your personal data processed by us. You may specifically ask for information as to the purpose of such processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or is being disclosed and the length of time that it is intended to be kept, as to the existence of a right to amend, delete or limit such processing or raise an objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if it has not been obtained from us and as to the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and details of any significant information;
- under Art. 16 GDPR to require the rectification without undue delay of inaccurate personal data recorded by us or the supplementation of personal data recorded by us;
- under Art. 17 GDPR to require the erasure of personal data recorded by us unless its processing should be necessary in the exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal requirement, for reasons of public interest or in order to assert, establish or defend legal claims;
- under Art. 18 GDPR to require a restriction to be put on the processing of your personal data where the accuracy of data is disputed by you, processing is unlawful but you refuse its erasure and we no longer need the data but you need it in order to assert, establish or defend legal claims or where you have filed an objection to processing under Art. 21 GDPR;
- under Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format or to require it to be transmitted to another data protection controller;
- under Art. 7(3) GDPR to withdraw your consent at any time. This means that in future we will no longer be allowed to continue data processing to which your consent relates, and
- under Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You may generally address this to the supervisory authority at your habitual place of residence, your place of work or our place of business.
Right to object
Insofar as your personal data is processed for the purpose of legitimate interests under Art. 6(1) sentence 1(f) GDPR you have the right under Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or where the objection is levelled at direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to object which will be implemented by us without a particular situation having to be specified.
If you should wish to exercise your right to object or ask for rectification kindly send an email to the above email address.
When our website is visited we use the SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest level of encryption that is supported by your browser. We also apply appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your data from accidental or deliberate manipulation, complete or partial loss, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties. Our security measures are continually being improved in line with technological progress.
We deploy cookies on our website. These are small files which your browser generates automatically and are saved on your computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone etc. when you visit our website. Information which is produced in conjunction with the particular device used is stored in cookies. The application of cookies serves to make the use of our services more convenient for you. Data processed using cookies is required for the said purposes in order to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6(1) sentence 1(f) GDPR. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can, however, configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your device or that you are always asked for permission before cookies are saved. Nevertheless, if you decline to accept cookies this might lead to you being unable to use all of the functions of our website.
This website uses functions of the web analysis service from Google Analytics. The service is provided by Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies". These are text data files which are stored on your computer and enable an analysis for the use of the website. The information generated by the cookie relating to your use of this website is generally sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Processing your data will be executed in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Lit. f GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analysing user behaviour in order to optimise both their website and their advertising.
We have activated the IP anonymisation function on this website. If an IP anonymisation is activated on this website, then your IP address will therefore be shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contracting states subject to the agreement relating to the European Economic Area before transfer to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will then utilise this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, in order to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with additional services associated with website and Internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
Objection to data collection
Order data processing
We have concluded a contract with Google regarding order data processing and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Google Analytics.
Demographic characteristics of Google Analytics
This website uses the function for “demographic features” from Google Analytics. This enables reports to be created which contain statements about the age, gender and interests of the site visitors. This data comes from interest-related advertising by Google and from visitor data from third parties. This data cannot be assigned to determined people. You can deactivate this function at any time via the advertisement settings in your Google Account or generally prohibit the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described under "Objection to data collection".
Validity and amendment of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is currently valid and dated May 2018. Due to the further development of our website and proposals or due to changes in the law or official rules and regulations it might become necessary to amend this Privacy Statement. We therefore recommend that you check this Privacy Statement at regular intervals.
© idem telematics GmbH, München, Germany. All rights reserved.